Most of us are doing the work just like a routine. Is it possible to make it in harmony with us, so that we can enjoy being at work too? It is important to be happy since most of the time in our life, we are spending at workplace. The best times of days- we are at work. If we are mood off, the time at home also become miserable.
Think of our work in a different angle. Even if we have boring routine, repetitive tasks, mean co workers, bossy managers…we can make our work a positive experience.
- Think of a dearest person or God. If you believe in God- think you are doing it for him and he will give reward even if no one else gives. Or else you can think of your dearest person in life- you are working for him or her- to show your love.
- Think of the honorable cause of your work. If you are in healthcare industry, it is health and well being. If you are in food industry- it is about nutrition and satisfaction. If you are in legal industry, it is about justice.
- Think of the big picture- who benefits from your work. If you are a grocery clerk, you fulfill the needs of individuals. At the same time you helped to sell products from farmers, or companies which hire people who supports their own families….which includes kids who is the future of the country. Whatever you do, you always work for the society and your country.
- When a child paints a picture, he gets better with colors and he understands that he has that capability. It makes him confident and strong in himself. Just like that, whatever work we do, we become better every time in that skill as well as in ourselves. Even if we don’t get so much recognition, we see our work and become proud of ourselves.
- When we have something, we don’t see that value of it. You have a job at least to complain. There are lots of people who don’t have a job and like to have your job. Be grateful to have your job for yourself.
- Are you sure that tomorrow you are going to be alive? Live each day…enjoy life!
Forget about everything around you….it is ‘YOU’ who is working. If you work good or bad, it is you who feels good or bad. Do you want to feel good or bad? My favorite verses for work are from Khalil Gibran –
“When you work you are a flute through whose heart the whispering of the hours turns to music.
When you work with love you bind yourself, to yourself and to one another and to God.”
Yes, it is true. Work with love. Work for the person in you. Work in harmony with you and others. Make work a positive experience.