One of my readers told me to write about ‘advice on how not to be sensitive’. This article or the previous article is not about ‘how not to be sensitive’, because, I will not tell anyone that being sensitive is something wrong or to be changed. In the first article, I was telling it is a good trait in you. In this article, what I am saying is how to live with your sensitivity.
I saw this site about highly sensitive people. http://www.hsperson.com/ (don’t know much about authenticity). – I like this: “your brain processes information and reflects on it more deeply. So even if you wear glasses, for example, you see more than others by noticing more.” But if people can upset or make you cry without lifting a finger –something needs to be done there.
First of all- accept that ‘sensitivity’ is a part of your personality. What you need to learn is how to manage life as a sensitive person.
- Remember- everyone cannot understand you. Comments from unknown people and strangers needs to be ignored. If it is a friend, try to communicate your feelings to avoid that in future.
- Be honest about what you feel, how you feel.
- Don’t suppress your feelings. If you feel to cry, just cry. If you feel to laugh, just laugh. Don’t think too much like ‘what people think of me if I do that or this.’
- Learn to express your feelings….especially to people you care. You have to express it regardless of the outcome. If you keep it in heart, it will make you stressful.
- Learn to let go. Sometimes it is unavoidable.
- If you are a listener, try to be sympathetic not empathetic.
- If you have too much burden in yourself…like worries and anxieties, try not to take other’s worries in yourself or limit it to an extent. You have to tell that you are incapable of taking their problems and find solution.
- Seek medical help if you cannot manage anymore.
Sensitivity is in a person; It is like fragrance in a flower. Accept who you are. Life is a learning, learn to live with what you have- with your sensitivity.